Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem in inputting the thermal properties in a bioheat module.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am using Bio-heat transfer module in my work. I have 4 layers (3 dimensional) of skin, fat, bone and, brain. Now for setting the dielectric and thermal properties of the tissue i use material section, i put the values of each individual layer in the corresponding material, the properties are shown in below attached file, my problem is in the thermal properties i have the metabolism heat source and blood perfusion rate (last two quantities in the thermal properties section) and i dont know where should i put them? In the materials we dont have options for metabolism heat source and blood perfusion rate, so where should i put the values?

later just for experimenting, i added more biological tissue properties in the bioheat tranfer module (click the right button on bioheat and choose biological tissue) for inputting these 2 properties, we already have one default biological tissue option and i added 3 more, i then choose the layers one by one for each biolgical tissue option then going to the biological tissue-bioheat 1 (2,3,4) i put the 2 thermal properties (metalbolism heat source and blood perfusion rate) which i could not find in the material. (please see the below attached file for biological tissue option)

I want to know is this the right way to do this? because previously i was just ignoring these 2 values and simulating my result with the rest values that i can put in the material section, and when i have started using these values my results are very different, can someone tell me am i doing this correctly?

0 Replies Last Post 2 août 2017, 00:43 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Deepshikha Bhargava

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.