Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting shear stress in 3D model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am looking for some help regarding plotting shear stress in a 3D model.

I am able to select the built-in variable spf.T_stressy for plotting shear stress along a line which is fine, but when trying to plot the same thing using a slice plot I am unable to select this built-in variable. After searching online I discovered the expression spf.sr*spf.mu which I understand to be the shear rate multiplied by the fluid viscosity. I have been using this to plot the shear stress on the slice plot but have now noticed that when I compare values from the line plot and the slice plot, they do not match up.

What I would like to know is how all of these built-in variables are defined in order to understand if spf.T_stressy should be plotting the same thing as spf.mu*spf.sr.

Thanks for any help in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 2 août 2017, 06:57 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lauren Hyndman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.