Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to get perfect bonding between two materials?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I want to bond a PZT to an Aluminum plate, and I was wondering, how can I do it, Is it by using a perfectly matched layer?

2 Replies Last Post 12 déc. 2011, 04:27 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 déc. 2011, 01:19 UTC−5
Hi

"bounding of stress and strain properties is obtained by default in geometry "union" mode which implies "continuity of flux on the interface boundary. In fact "union" means that COMSOL merges the "up" and "down" side of any common boundary to one single element, with continuity across it, take a look at the equations, and read the doc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi "bounding of stress and strain properties is obtained by default in geometry "union" mode which implies "continuity of flux on the interface boundary. In fact "union" means that COMSOL merges the "up" and "down" side of any common boundary to one single element, with continuity across it, take a look at the equations, and read the doc -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 déc. 2011, 04:27 UTC−5
Thank you very much, it really helped
Thank you very much, it really helped

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.