Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Data from FEM Structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a vibrating structure. I used time analysis.

How do I get the vibration information from one point on the structure. I want to pick a point, say point 27, and get the vibration data at that point. I know that I can go to Postprocessing>Domain Plots to plot the information at point 27. However, I want to export the FEM structure to MATLAB and get the data from point 27 that way.

What command do I use to get to point 27 so that I can see the vibration data at point 27 after exporting the FEM structure to MATLAB?

Your input is most welcome!

Thanks.

5 Replies Last Post 31 mai 2010, 02:14 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 mai 2010, 06:56 UTC−4
You can use functions like this: (v is displacement)

v = posteval(fem,'v','Edim',0,'dl',15,'t',tn(tn_start:end));
You can use functions like this: (v is displacement) v = posteval(fem,'v','Edim',0,'dl',15,'t',tn(tn_start:end));

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 mai 2010, 07:57 UTC−4
Hello Danial,

Can you tell me what each term means in the command that you provided. You know like which number in the command is my "point 27" and so forth.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks.
Hello Danial, Can you tell me what each term means in the command that you provided. You know like which number in the command is my "point 27" and so forth. I really appreciate it! Thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 mai 2010, 08:07 UTC−4
Take a look at COMMAND REFERENCE manual (command.pdf) page 378. All explained there.
Take a look at COMMAND REFERENCE manual (command.pdf) page 378. All explained there.

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 mai 2010, 21:10 UTC−4
Hello Danial,

Where can I get the command.pdf file, that you included in your post, so that I can look at the commands (syntax) for accessing data from a FEM structure?

Thanks.
Hello Danial, Where can I get the command.pdf file, that you included in your post, so that I can look at the commands (syntax) for accessing data from a FEM structure? Thanks.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mai 2010, 02:14 UTC−4
Hi

have you checked your ... / comsol / doc / ... directory ?

thereunder you should find all help docs, I always index them with th "windows indexxer" (but the google version was beter), but perhaps its presence is linked to a specific toolbox, still I find that astonishing

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi have you checked your ... / comsol / doc / ... directory ? thereunder you should find all help docs, I always index them with th "windows indexxer" (but the google version was beter), but perhaps its presence is linked to a specific toolbox, still I find that astonishing Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.