Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3d optical simulation of nanowire array

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I was trying some simulations in 3d, rf module. (I know I posted this before ... but here it is again anyways)

In the first simulation (nw_3d.mph) I just have a block of 100nm*100nm*4um. The whole block is filled with air (n_Air=1). Lambda=600nm. I have a scattering boundary condition at the top with incident plane wave. The bottom surface is a PEC. There are periodic boundary conditions along x and y directions....... this simulation seems to be working okay.. I get the standing wave.

In the second simulation (nw_3d_2.mph), I have the same conditions. The only difference is I now include a cylinder inside the block... but still keep the refractive index =1 everywhere (I will change the refractive index of the cylinder later on).... but this time I am not getting the previous results. There seems to be some points in the solution with very high values of abs(Ey).

How do I fix this??

Thanks.

Ryyan.

0 Replies Last Post 8 juil. 2010, 13:16 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohammad Khan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.