Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

exporting more than one variable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have simulated a 3-D problem in COMSOL 3.5a. Now I need to export my solution into matlab. So instead of saving the model as a M file and solving again in Matlab I was trying to export the postprocessing data as a text file. And then import that text file in matlab.
So can anyone tell me how can i export more than one variable at the same time as there are lot of variables to be exported?

1 Reply Last Post 9 sept. 2010, 02:34 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 sept. 2010, 02:34 UTC−4

I have simulated a 3-D problem in COMSOL 3.5a. Now I need to export my solution into matlab. So instead of saving the model as a M file and solving again in Matlab I was trying to export the postprocessing data as a text file. And then import that text file in matlab.
So can anyone tell me how can i export more than one variable at the same time as there are lot of variables to be exported?

In v3.5a you can export the full model with results to matlab and process to your wish as many as variables. In windows the shortcut is Ctrl+f. The comsol documentation for matlab is a very good place to start.
[QUOTE] I have simulated a 3-D problem in COMSOL 3.5a. Now I need to export my solution into matlab. So instead of saving the model as a M file and solving again in Matlab I was trying to export the postprocessing data as a text file. And then import that text file in matlab. So can anyone tell me how can i export more than one variable at the same time as there are lot of variables to be exported? [/QUOTE] In v3.5a you can export the full model with results to matlab and process to your wish as many as variables. In windows the shortcut is Ctrl+f. The comsol documentation for matlab is a very good place to start.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.